Ukraine February/March Update
We are so glad to report that our second Ukraine adoptive family returned home earlier this month. As I’m sure you can imagine, it wasn’t the most stable time to be in Ukraine. We are proud of this family and their little girl, for staying strong and positive throughout the process.
As a Reminder, please see the Post Adoption Commitment that all families must abide by. If you have any questions, please contact our Post Adoption Counselor, Leigh Anne Graf at: firstname.lastname@example.org
UKRAINE POST ADOPTION – DO HEREBY COMMIT THAT:
1. We SHALL register the adopted child(ren) within one-month period after returning toUnited States of Americaat the Embassy of Ukraine in theUnited Statessituated at: 3350 M Street, NW,Washington,D.C.20007,U.S.A.
2. We SHALL provide progress reports regarding living conditions and upbringing of our adopted child(ren) to the said Ukrainian Embassy once each year for first three years, then one report every third year until the adopted child(ren) attain the age of eighteen (18) years per addendum 5 of the Regulation # 905 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
3. We SHALL permit any Ukrainian Consulate/Embassy representative to communicate with and visit the adopted child (children).
4. We SHALL keep Ukrainian citizenship of adopted child(ren) until age of eighteen (18).
5. We SHALL inform the Embassy of Ukraine in the United States situated at: 3350 M Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007, U.S.A. in case our adopted child(ren) will change place of residence.