Meet Michael Wenhold!
We are excited to give our families a little glimpse of the staff here at GWCA and CAN, so that you can see who we are and why we love doing just what we do. Every day we come to work and love to connect with our families, but now we are going to show you whose faces are behind every phone call, letter and E-mail received.
This week we want to introduce you to someone that many of you might not know yet, our Administration Director, Michael Wenhold! Michael is one of this office’s best kept secrets. He is well-known and loved by all of our staff, but due to his behind-the-scenes role, you may have never had the sincere privilege of meeting Michael! He is consistently taking care of the staff and working diligently to make sure that everything around here goes off seamlessly. He is someone that will make your grey skies a little brighter, and put a big smile on your face- mainly because he always has one on his.
So without further ado… Meet Michael!
- What is your job title and description here at GWCA?
My title is Administration Director. I function as the Accounting Manager, Human Resource Manager, and Office Manager for GWCA/CAN.
- How long have you been working at GWCA?
I started here in June 2012.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy getting to work with all the Great Wall/CAN employees as they help families through the adoption process. Our staff is filled with dedicated individuals that constantly go above and beyond to make sure families have the best adoption experience. Getting to work with such selfless individuals makes my job great!
- What is the most difficult aspect of your job?
My commute and dealing with Austin traffic.
- How have you grown personally from working at GWCA and with their families?
Although I don’t get to work with families directly, I still feel like I have grown from working here. Working at this organization has opened my eyes to the real problems around the world. When I think about the problems in my life, they don’t compare in contrast to what others are dealing with.
- Why do you love adoption?
I love adoption because it can help a make family complete. Not everybody has the ability to have children but through adoption everyone can have a family. Every child deserves to have loving parents and a place to call home.
Fun facts about Michael:
- I was born in Plymouth, Massachusetts (where the Pilgrims landed). I guess that’s why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (and the food)!
- I love football. My favorite team is the New England Patriots. I have a man crush on Tom Brady. Who doesn’t. I also play in a flag football league.
- I am married to my high school sweetheart. I have 1 son in the 6th grade and 2 dogs.
- My wife and I have a retirement plan to open a bed & breakfast on the East Coast.
- I have never had any broken bones.
“Michael is a great representation of GWCA because he embodies the values of the organization. He is hardworking, always willing to help others, and very resourceful. I love working with Michael because he takes pride in his work and makes everyone’s day easier because he works so diligently, consistently going above and beyond what is asked of him. He’s here early and stays late everyday, and that is just one example in how he makes a big difference for the families we serve.” -Michael’s co-worker