Why Adopt from the Dominican Republic?
1. Our DR program is quickly growing, we should be seeing waiting children very soon.
2. The children born in the DR have very unique features, as their ancestors range from white European (Spain and France), to African and Amerindian.
3. The DR encourages lengthy bonding time for families and their children to ensure they will be a good fit.
4. For travel purposes the distance between the States and the DR makes travel easier and less expensive.
5. The country is beautiful, laid back, and full of children waiting to find their forever families.
Lacee is one of our stunning International Adoption Consultants, nick-named the ‘Buddy the Elf’ of the office. She has an infectious smile and is full of energy. She translates her positive vibe to the families that she works with and her passion for orphaned children is undeniable.
1. What is your job title and description here at GWCA?
International, Domestic and Embryo Adoption Consultant. I counsel, enlighten and direct potential adoptive parents towards the best possible adoption program fit for their family.
2. How long have you been working at GWCA?
I began working at GWCA in 2003. I have worked for families as a dossier consultant, referral counselor, outreach coordinator and general adoption consultant during my time here.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Seeing a spark of hope reignite in families who have thought their dreams of adopting were gone for good.
4. What is the most difficult aspect of your job?
Probably, helping families understand and be patient in systems that they do not have much control over.
4. How have you grown personally from working at GWCA and with their families?
I have learned that being proactive, honest and taking responsibility for mistakes can be so much more helpful to families than pretending or hoping mishaps and unexpected negative events will never happen. When you establish the impression that you are willing to fix problems when they are known to happen and provide families with the most accurate information whether it sounds good or not, people know they can trust you to have their best benefit in mind.
5. Why do you love adoption?
Because I am able to show the world that adoption can open the door to so many opportunities. It opens the door for childless families to have children. It opens the door for parent-less children to have a parent. It opens the door to providing care and supplies to children who will never be adopted. It opens the door for communities to rebuild and reunite for a common cause. And finally, because it opens the door for diplomacy between countries who have no other commonality and establishes a trusting foundation for other mutual positive exchanges in the future. Adoption truly does matter. Go T.E.A.M.!
- I am a native Texan and a Daughter of the Texas Republic.
- I have an unnatural love for automobiles and all things German.
- I own a farm because dirt, trees and fresh air make me happy.
- I like to write and illustrate children’s books as a hobby.
- I love taste testing goat cheese, olive oil and red wine.
Why Adopt From the Philippines?
The Philippines is a great country to adopt from. The process itself is very thorough and ICAB (Inter-Country Adoption Board) is very conscience of matching children with the most well suited families. The process for adopting a child from the Philippines can be very simple, the trip is only one week, the flights are relatively inexpensive, and no visa is required to travel. The Philippines is a great country for single parents. Some of the kiddos speak and know English and there are healthy kiddos over the age of 6 waiting to come home.
To learn more about Philippines eligibility and how to get started today contact International Adoption Consultants and the can help you to bring these children home today.