Staff Spotlight – Lacee
Lacee is one of our stunning International Adoption Consultants, nick-named the ‘Buddy the Elf’ of the office. She has an infectious smile and is full of energy. She translates her positive vibe to the families that she works with and her passion for orphaned children is undeniable.
1. What is your job title and description here at GWCA?
International, Domestic and Embryo Adoption Consultant. I counsel, enlighten and direct potential adoptive parents towards the best possible adoption program fit for their family.
2. How long have you been working at GWCA?
I began working at GWCA in 2003. I have worked for families as a dossier consultant, referral counselor, outreach coordinator and general adoption consultant during my time here.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Seeing a spark of hope reignite in families who have thought their dreams of adopting were gone for good.
4. What is the most difficult aspect of your job?
Probably, helping families understand and be patient in systems that they do not have much control over.
4. How have you grown personally from working at GWCA and with their families?
I have learned that being proactive, honest and taking responsibility for mistakes can be so much more helpful to families than pretending or hoping mishaps and unexpected negative events will never happen. When you establish the impression that you are willing to fix problems when they are known to happen and provide families with the most accurate information whether it sounds good or not, people know they can trust you to have their best benefit in mind.
5. Why do you love adoption?
Because I am able to show the world that adoption can open the door to so many opportunities. It opens the door for childless families to have children. It opens the door for parent-less children to have a parent. It opens the door to providing care and supplies to children who will never be adopted. It opens the door for communities to rebuild and reunite for a common cause. And finally, because it opens the door for diplomacy between countries who have no other commonality and establishes a trusting foundation for other mutual positive exchanges in the future. Adoption truly does matter. Go T.E.A.M.!
5 Fun Facts About Lacee
- I am a native Texan and a Daughter of the Texas Republic.
- I have an unnatural love for automobiles and all things German.
- I own a farm because dirt, trees and fresh air make me happy.
- I like to write and illustrate children’s books as a hobby.
- I love taste testing goat cheese, olive oil and red wine.