This page is designed to give you answers to the most asked questions. If your question isn’t listed and you can’t find information on our website in reference to the subject matter, please feel free to call us at 512-323-9595 or contact us here.

Are the children on your site available for adoption?
The use of photos of the children on our website is granted with the permission of the legal guardian/parent. Each child in these photos has been placed with a family and is, therefore, not available for placement. In order to protect the privacy of children, Children of All Nations does not post photos of children waiting to be adopted. The governing adoption authority in specific countries may have allowed CAN to release pictures through password protected photo listings. These waiting children could be available for adoption; consult CAN for more information.
Back to top

How do I know if an agency is Hague Accredited?
The State Department’s website provides a list of agencies who received their full or temporary accreditation and those who were denied.
Back to top

We do not live in Texas; can we still work with CAN?
If you live outside of Texas, Children of All Nations is happy to assist you with your adoption. Although your home study agency must be licensed to perform home studies in your state, your adoption agency can be located anywhere in the US. This allows you to choose an agency based on experience and reputation, rather than location. If you already know which home study agency you are working with, just let us know. If you do not have a home study agency, we will refer you to a reputable Hague-accredited agency located near you. In Florida, CAN is also licensed to provide a home study services for you.
Back to top

What is the relationship between CAN and Great Wall?
As a division of Great Wall China Adoption, CAN is built on the solid foundation of a fully Hague accredited, 501(c)3 non-profit, licensed child-placing organization. Families can trust that our agency has 22 years of experience in international adoption and has placed more than 9,000 children internationally. In addition to our well-established China adoption program, we now offer adoptions in the following countries: Burundi, Bulgaria, Latvia, Dominican Republic, and Haiti.
Back to top

How do we complete our hours of Hague training?
Children of All Nations has developed a curriculum for our adoptive families to ensure that all the Hague required topics are covered, and you receive your Hague training hours for the country from which you are planning to adopt. These courses were designed to provide education and information to prospective adoptive parents, while meeting the guidelines of the Hague Convention.
Back to top

As a current Great Wall family, can we start a concurrent adoption with your other country programs while waiting for a referral from China? 
Yes. CAN offers a concurrent adoption program for families in the process of adopting from China. You will need to submit an application for the new country. All international adoption fees will apply for the new country, and you can contact your home study agency to update your home study.
Back to top

I am interested in adopting more than one child. Which country would allow me to adopt more than one child at a time? 
Bulgaria, Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Latvia allow for sibling groups to be adopted. We encourage you to contact us for up to date information on children available for international adoption.
Back to top

Can I adopt an infant? What about an older child or a child with special needs? 
Infants are rarely available for adoption; however, the timeline to adopt an infant may be longer, depending on the country you are interested in. Older children are also available for adoption. As there is typically higher interest in adopting infants, the time frame can be shorter in countries for families that choose to adopt an older child or a child with special needs.
Back to top

If I have a question about my eligibility, can I get more information? 
We are happy to discuss international adoption eligibility requirements on a case-by-case basis. We also recommend that each family submit our agency application so that we can do a thorough screening of your eligibility for international adoption.
Back to top

Is financial aid available for my adoption? 
Yes. CAN offers financial assistance resources for adoptive parents to aid in the overall international adoption costs. Contact us today for our financial resource information guide!
Back to top

Can you provide us with a list of home study agencies in our area? 
We are happy to provide you with a list of reputable home study agencies in your area. Please contact us at 512-323-9595 or contact us for more information about home study agencies near you.
Back to top

Can we work with a home study agency that is not on your list? 
Yes, you may work with a home study agency that is not on our list. China requires that you work with a non-profit licensed agency, with a social worker that has a master’s degree. If you are pleased with the service you receive from your home study agency, please let us know so we may refer other families to them in the future.
Back to top

Will CAN be opening programs in other countries? 
Yes. Our international adoption agency is working to provide adoption and humanitarian aid to countries in need around the globe. As we open more programs in other countries, we will make this information available to our families.
Back to top

If you have any remaining questions, please feel free to give us a call at 512-323-9595 or contact us here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *